Thursday, 16 February 2012

Credit Crunch

People who know me will know that I am looking for work, and honestly anyone who says that they don't notice the credit crunch, just hasn't had their hit yet. 
I recently lost my job, the only job I have ever loved, and the only place where it fit me like a glove. The reason I was given was that they couldn't ft me in the budget if I was to work full time. The next thing I find out was that my manager was committing fraud, and budgeting her and a member of her family for 40 hours (they were working about 6 each!). And now I am unemployed. I'm not entitled to any benefits because I live in a tiny flat with my boyfriend who works "more than 20 hours per week"! How exactly can the government justify this as acceptable? On a wage of £7 (God forbid if it was Nat Min wage!) an hour, once tax is removed, you'd receive about £600 a month. This is the cost of our rent! Is this really what the government considers "reasonable"? Another thing which peeves me about the whole situation is the fact that my boyfriend should be held responsible for my well being while I don't have a job. And they wonder why the rate of divorce is rapidly increasing?

No comments:

Post a Comment